Thursday, May 15, 2014

2Much - Interview


Hello boys and girls. Today we present you 2Much, artist from Switzerland. He does all kinds of interesting stuff, like illustration, character design, toys and many more. Take a look what he had to say for our blog:

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Have you always wanted to become a artist/designer?
I've always painted and crafted a lot. Sure I hoped I will one day include my creativity into my job. But I've never really had a fixed idea of what I wanted to become. Lucky me, I'm at this point right now..

Which project has given you the most satisfaction?
All and none of them.. I love doing what i do, but i'm never really happy with the results.
I definitely prefer to create something I want, before commissioned work. I put too much pressure on myself.


What types of books are on your bedside table?
Mangas, comic books, books of several artists and the 1st book I've read without being forced to do so. It's Element by Ken Robinson.



What is the best moment of the day?
One of the greatest things every day, is the freedom of getting up when I want to.. I hated so much getting up every morning for school or work so I appreciate every 'waking up' moment now.

What would be your dream project?
Working on some projects with my favorite artists would be nice. Don't know on what
but I love working with other creative people. I can learn so much from them. Another one is to buy a house/place where I could build my open art studio where creative people or kids who want to use the material I have, could gather and create their
projects. 




Can you recommend some movie you've watched recently?
I watch so many movies I almost can't remember. Here's a list of movies I watched recently and liked: The croods, 2guns, The secret life of Walter Mitty, Game of thrones, The lone ranger. Most of the time I watch documentaries from BBC.

Who is your hero at the moment?
Everyone doing good things to others without any expectations.

How important is craftsmanship in your design process?
Very important. I made a apprenticeship as a goldsmith and I love to form / build things by hand. As a kid I made a lot of my action heroes with Fimo (clay). I made almost all the characters from the teenage mutant hero turtles and the Xmen.


If you were a character from a cartoon, which one would you be? :)
Monkey d luffy from one piece. My friends say so ^^

If you could do any other job what would you choose and why?
Concept artist for a awesome rpg game like Final Fantasy. I admire concept artists. Designing a whole world out of landscapes, characters, weapons, vehicles, monsters and so on... Or teaching young people about art.



Where could we find you on friday night?
Home playing games with my friends online or having a relaxed evening with my girlfriend and friends, having dinner and a good time. I like relaxed moments with good company.

Is there any other media that you would like to try yourself in?
A lot I have so many ideas and projects in my mind, I'll be glad if i can at least realize one of them. I would definitely love to create furniture or doing a interior design projects. I would like to design a bar or a restaurant. Woodcarving also would be nice to learn. Or calligraphy.. i'm also still thinking about an offer i got to learn how to
tattooing. There's so many things to learn! Need more time =(

Favorite blogs/sites etc.?
Creative sites or blogs I love to visit: behance.netpinterest.com, thecoolhunter and so on. I also love tech blogs: engadget.commashable.com ... And I spend way too much time on Youtube!

How would you define your personal work-life balance in terms of ratio (50/50 70/30 etc)?
70 work / 10 sport / 20 personal

What brings you joy?
My work, riding my motorcycle, chilling with my girlfriend, spending time with good people, 
teaching children classes in taekwondo, listening to my cat purr, playing video games, sometimes even cooking... 






..........................................................................................................................................................................
Thank you Patrik for this great interview. For more info about his work, please visit Patrik's web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment